Friday, December 7, 2012

City Ride


        Today I walked the bike to the bike shop to have the brakes repaired. I tried fixing the brakes myself for over two months and each time I failed. I even bought extra tools and watched videos and nothing worked. It was time to go to the shop.

        As I stood by in the shop watching the young guy that usually works on my bike work. I was thinking to myself, I did that and I connected that cable and why didn’t it work for me… I felt like a fool, but hey at least it only took him 15mins to fix both brakes and cost three bucks. To show my appreciation I tip him and bought a new lock from the shop. At last I’m ridding again!

        Since my bike was fixed I decided to head over to my favorite library. I pedaled my way through downtown L.A. busy streets and sidewalks to the Central library on 5th street. Like always I feel at home here, I’m a bookworm for sure. It’s huge like a mall, there’s up and downstairs levels and escalators to get you to each floor of interest. Are you can take an elevator if you like. The mood mellow as usually for a library. There was no line at the check-in and check-out desks. So I paid a fee and picked up a new library card. The clerk was nice at the desk and didn’t charge me for the replacement card, just total of the old fee. Then I was off to the art floor.

            On the second floor I went and stared a bit at the artwork that was hanging from the ceiling and the grand Christmas in the hallway. I wish I had my camera with me, so I could’ve taken some nice pictures for the blog. Inside the art section of the library I saw some manga and I browsed for a bit, but nothing caught my eye. I moved on to the arts and crafts books aisles.

            I circled the aisles a bit searching for books I wanted to read but couldn’t find but a few on my own. It has been awhile since I been to this library. So I asked the librarian for help. He was an older, tall, gentleman but he was patience with me and my shorthand writing on a crumbled piece of notebook paper. I carry a list of books I want to read in my wallet, because I never know when I might drop into a library. Time flew by as we hunted down the wanted books on my list. Some we found, others we didn’t and those I put on hold. It was getting dark when I finally left the library happily with my new reading materials. I pedaled back through the city and made one last stop by the store before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment